"You Are My Best Friend" virus

Johnty 17:17 25 Mar 03

Can anyone help with an annoying little virus that my computer has just picked up. On booting the computer a message box is in the middle of the screen with “You are my best friend” in the title bar. In the main body of the box there is the message “Happy Birthday Dear” and an OK button. The only way you can get rid of the message is to click the OK button. Right clicking the mouse only gives the opportunity to move the box, and not to check out the properties etc. Once the OK button has been clicked, the mouse has been changed into a left-handed mouse (with the functionality of the buttons transposed). As far as I can see this is the only thing that the virus does, and it is easy to rectify, but really annoying! I have already checked the start up folder and there isn’t a new program in there. Has anyone got any ideas how to get rid of it?

€dstow 17:24 25 Mar 03

Don't you have any anti-virus software?

If yes then you should get it working. If no, get something installed immediately and run a thorough check. There is plenty of free A/V software listed in the Links section of this site.

€d

tileman 17:37 25 Mar 03

have a look on hereclick here
also if you dont have anti virus try this free one
click here

Belatucadrus 17:41 25 Mar 03

click here for similar looking post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…