//some 3rd party need geo

YOK_SuperSearch.dll

Bazilbrush 22:34 12 Apr 06

I have the above DLL in a program files folder called YOK.
It refuses to let me delete it.
Also I seem to have aquired another program called
VeryCD 3 1/4
with a bit of gobbledeegook after it as well.
VeryCD shows up in Add/Delete Programs but YOK doesn't. I have a feeling they are related to each other but when I check on the web, most of the mentions of these files seem to be by the same business's trading under different name and are all selling DLL delete programs.
This appeared after my computer had been away for a service at a local small business. They say they didn't put these files on.
I have tried to go into safe mode to delete them that way, but find myself unable.
It is the same when I try to break into the computer on bootup by pressing Delete.
HELP with both problems needed
Thanks
Bazil

remind 22:35 12 Apr 06

Try a scan with Ewido (click here)- uncheck any options during install, update and scan.

skidzy 22:59 12 Apr 06

Try this as well as Remind's Ewido...both very good.click here

Once you have run both,use this to tidy up redundant registry paths. click here

Just click on your nearest country,if in uk..click on france.

Bazilbrush 00:00 13 Apr 06

Sorry lads. Ewido did stop and study it then passed over it,
A squared didn't even pause.
Problem is still there.
What is it
and
How can I get into System setup and Safemode when Delete and F10 don't work?

remind 00:03 13 Apr 06

Is VeryCD in your Add/Remove list? click here

remind 00:05 13 Apr 06

Look at the folder VeryCD is installed in, if the dates of the files are within the time when your PC was away for repair I would be extremely suspicious.

Bazilbrush 00:07 13 Apr 06

I haven't put it there though and it doesn't show up in the program file listings.

remind 00:08 13 Apr 06

Clean up your add/remove list ; click here

Bazilbrush 00:14 13 Apr 06

Yes. It would seem that it was done during the 3 days my computer was away. The only thing I can find with verycd through the explorer search though is a cookie dated 4th March

remind 00:18 13 Apr 06

If your `repairer` installed it and then removed it, it may have come with supersearch, a lot of file-sharing programs have added ad-ware or spyware which doesn't uninstall cleanly. As long as nothing is running as soon as you boot your PC and sharing files you can delete the files and forget it, but don't use that repair business again.

Bazilbrush 00:23 13 Apr 06

uninstaller found verycd and deleted it from where-ever it was.
YOK deleted by hand afterwards.
Thanks again Remind and Skidzy as both software applications you recommended actually found adware that spybot had missed and each other missed.
Bazil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…