YIPPEEE - BROADBAND IN IRELAND FROM MAY - BUT!!

SANAP 11:24 20 Apr 03

I am going to be in Ireland(Southern) from this May this year for a year or two and they ie ESAT AND EIRCOM have finally got round to providing Broadband in the West, where I will be but there is a snag, a) it is not cheap, about £34.00pm and

b) there is a dwonload limit of 4gigabytes and 5 gigabytes per month depending who you choose.

I like downloading music, films, free software and normal surfing, ie newspapers, magazines but have no idea of how much I download per month. Is there any way I can measure what amount I download each month as these companies are going to charge extra when I exceed my limits. It might be cheaper albiet slower to go for dial up.

Help please?

sanap

cream. 11:33 20 Apr 03

Lucky so and so for even getting a sniff of broadband. In this area of the U.K. at last count there were 28 registered interested people for the service. Not much chance I think for me. lol

Are you sure those are the download limits, even at 5 gig a month thats only 166Mb a day. Enough for 2-3 audio tracks?

Installer. 11:36 20 Apr 03

Tick click here will give usage/projections and more, it's freeware.

Installer. 11:41 20 Apr 03

"even at 5 gig a month thats only 166Mb a day. Enough for 2-3 audio tracks?"
Must be very large Mp3's TVI, my tracks are between about 2/7 meg's each ( dependent on compression) .

SANAP 13:27 20 Apr 03

Many thanks for software link and yes it is 4 gig or 5 gig, needless to say 5 gig is the dearer at £37.96 but this could be very expensive if I keep exceeding the limit. The charge is then about 1p per megabyte.

I will monitor for a month and see where it gets me. Like everything in Ireland nothing is as it first appears. Watch the news for complaints when users get caught.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…