yet more hard drive problems

sittingduck 19:32 12 Feb 06

well i have just intalled a sata drive but was unable to run a slave ide drive at the same time, so i have now decided to run the sata as slave, so i have just refomatted my old seagate ide and reinstalled windows, when i try and boot from the ide it is asking me to check the cables then install the system disk, if i run the seagate as slave off the samsung ide (80 gig 2 mb cache cannot defrag so is to be binned) it will show all the windows files on it, so if you can make any sense of this (as i can't) can you please help.

bazb 21:49 12 Feb 06

Hi sittingduck

my system is set up with a sata drive as the main drive, and a ide drive set up as a spare.

I did a clean install of windows XP, on the ide drive, then using seagate DiscWizard for Windows
click here I cloned the ide drive to the sata drive.

Then went into bios Boot menu, and changed the order of boot, to boot from the sata drive first, (it could show as a scssi drive).

I know that this does'nt sort your problems out, but shows you can do what you where trying to do.

sittingduck 22:17 12 Feb 06

thanks for the help, but i've done all i can think of in the bios but still wont have work , always asks to check cables and insert system disk util i disconnect the ide then it works ok (too many bevies may be bad spelling lol)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5