Yet another triumph for Norton

playmofire 09:39 22 Jan 06

I finally solved the problem of not being able to send emails after running LiveUpDate by donwloading a new LiveUpDate from the Symantec site.

Today I ran LiveUpDate again, and guess what - that's right, not able to sue email again.

I checked and have the latest LiveUpDate software installed, so I went to the Symantec site for help and found a package to download so I coulds end them a log of the problem. However, the package doesn't install, just sits there saying its preparing to install!

Here comes the good bit - after running the software (if you can get it to install) you send the log it's created by email to Symantec. But the reason you're wanting to send Symantec the log is because you can't sned emails!!! Boom! Boom!

Softstag 09:57 22 Jan 06

I gave up on Norton a while ago. It is full of problems and slows your PC down no end. Use AVG, it is trouble free and free of cost to use:
click here

sunny staines 10:36 22 Jan 06

unistall norton from add/remove in the control panel. then reinstall from the cd all updates then work ok with email

amonra 10:50 22 Jan 06

My Fix.
Uninstal Norton Full Stop !!!!!

playmofire 12:00 22 Jan 06

I'm going to follow amonra's advice. For me the last straw is the clown with Norton who devised a system to report that you cannot send or recieve emails using email!

Biotech 14:59 22 Jan 06

you could use another machine of course.

Biotech 15:00 22 Jan 06

If you have one.

Stuartli 15:03 22 Jan 06

>>is the clown with Norton who devised a system to report that you cannot send or receive emails using email!>>

He/she is not the first one (or company) to offer such a policy...:-)

Totally-braindead 15:11 22 Jan 06

I left Norton cos they wouldn't help with a virus that got in, I was paying the subscription at the time and when I contacted them they said they no longer supported the version I used as it was too old, I argued, saying I was paying for support. Their reply was, no you're not, the money you pay is for the ability to download the updates. So I deleted it, switched to AVG, which incidently removed the virus that Norton wouldn't

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…