Yet ANOTHER Spam thread

Handy Spinner 10:31 24 Dec 03

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, go the lines of the monty python sketch. Little did they realise (I think) that there would come a time when we would be innundated under an albeit different type of spam.

So I need to find a simple, probably commercial program that will deal with my spam. What are the options and what do people recommend?

(Quote from sketch: I DON'T LIKE SPAM!)

VoG II 10:35 24 Dec 03

Mailwasher click here

Jester2K 10:49 24 Dec 03

Handy Spinner 23:17 21 Jan 04

...but why DELETE not BOUNCE, Jester2K? I heard BOUNCE was better as it conned the spammers into thinking the address didn't exist.

Pesala 23:25 21 Jan 04

Listen click here or read click here

I might be nuts, but I thought the use of "Spam" for junk email was actually derived from the famous Spam skit.

Any other offerings on the derivation of the term?

Handy Spinner 23:32 21 Jan 04 know if it indeed did come from the sketch, one of my favourites.

tulix 23:38 21 Jan 04

i am also intersted to find out why you should delete and not bounce

woodchip 23:51 21 Jan 04

Been using Mailwasher and Bouncing mail, I think they have had enough as they sent me 28 yesterday and I sent them all back but only had one today

beeuuem 23:54 21 Jan 04

click here

Why Is Spam Called Spam?

Spam gets its name from a television comedy sketch by British comedians Monty Python. In the sketch, a restaurant serves Spam (the potted meat), with any order placed. Customers could order Spam, Spam with a side of Spam, and so on. An annoyingly funny waitress repeats the name "Spam" over and over again.

From that comedy sketch, spam took on a whole new meaning, referring to piles and piles of something you didn't really want in the the first place. It was served to you whether you wanted it or not.

Spam, when referring to the brand name canned meat by Hormel, stands for "spiced ham" and is written with a capital S. When referring to unsolicited messages flooding the Internet, spam is written with a lower case s.

Chegs ® 23:59 21 Jan 04

Bouncing just adds to the mass of undeliverable emails floating round the net.Congestion = slower www.

woodchip 00:04 22 Jan 04

It was served to you whether you wanted it or not. That's all you got during world War 2, a case of like it or lump it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…