YET ANOTHER SATA LOADING PROBLEM

Eke 21:04 17 Aug 04

Have installed new ASUS K8V SE Deluxe with a WD 160gb sata drive (plus various other new components). The HDD is not recognised in the bios (usual problem) No HDD installation disc was included however i have been on WD website for assistance and I am confident my installation is correct, though none of their FAQ solve my problem. Have tried the M/B cdrom but no joy. No O/S is installed because the HDD isn't recognised to load onto and when i do try with XP cd, hitting key F6 doesn't appear to activate the driver installation facility.
Please HELP! I have wasted nearly all PM and eve trying all sorts and am at that point where its going thru the window shortly!

Eke 15:39 16 Sep 04

My new drive turned out to be "dead on arrival" so it would never have worked. A new one has been received from the supplier on recommendation from the manufacturer. Hopefully I will have more success with this one.
Thanks to those who have contributed responses to my problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…