Yellow Triangle & Exclamation Mark

Nancy166 09:46 25 Sep 10

Hi Guys,
This triangle has recently appeared on the bottom left of my screen.I clicked on it and there was a pop up window saying webpage errors and giving details. Each page produced a pop up and a different error. Driving me nuts.

Tried unticking debugging script box in Internet Explorer....nothing. Tried downloading another Internet Explorer....nothing.

Used CC and Uniblue to tidy everything up...nothing. So what on earth do I do next?

I've checked the device manager and nothing is clashing.

Thanks

Moll

Terry Brown 09:55 25 Sep 10

What browser are you using ?, as sometimes when Microsoft updates its software, it can affect your browser, if it is not Explorer.
Tries to make Explorer as default.

Try uninstalling your browser and re-loading it.
Terry

birdface 09:58 25 Sep 10

Done but with errors on the page.
All I can say is it is a Blinking nuisance.
It slows the computer down on certain web pages.
PCA being one of them.
I just cannot get rid of it.
I thought maybe a fault in PCA.
Or maybe with my ISP Virgin Media.
Not sure if you have IE7 pro add-on downloaded but that used to cause some of the problems.But I removed that and still get them.
If you use I/Explorer I can give you a temporary fix but it may interfere with some other programs.

birdface 10:21 25 Sep 10

Ok just noticed you are using I/E maybe use Firefox as well you get no problems on there.
Now on I/E go to tools.Internet Options.Security.
Click on Custom settings and scroll down to Active scripting and disable it.Ok Apply Ok
You will find pages opening a lot quicker.
Like I said it is not a proper fix but it cerainly helps.

Nancy166 12:17 26 Sep 10

I downloaded Firefox but I don't like it as a browser and now I can't uninstall the damn thing.Error on that as well. Scanned for a virus...nothing. Typed the error message into search and landed on the Microsoft Fix It page which was next to useless. However a lot of people with the same problem. One 'expert,' suggested not going on the web pages where the problem occurred! Great help.

At present the message seems to be staying in the bottom left hand corner of the screen which I can live with as opposed to the pop up window every few seconds.

However considering the hundreds of updates you would think Microsoft could produce one to solve what is a fairly common problem.

woodchip 12:22 26 Sep 10

Malaware problem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:28 26 Sep 10

Uninstall Firefox click here

Ok if yellow triangle appearing ONLY when view web pages then I expect you are having trouble with JAVA
try updating the JAVA application and see if it cures the problem click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac