yellow exclamation marks

MICKY BOY 10:09 AM 24 Apr 11

Hi All,

Have just done a clean install on my laptop and installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Every thing seems OK so far, however in devices – hardware it shows 2 yellow exclamation marks under others, one for Mass storage controller and the other Multimedia controller. Have tried to fix using Windows trouble shooter. Still the same problem 2 yellow exclamation marks. It shows the driver for this device is not installed (Code 28)

Would appreciate any help on this one as I have not got a glue.

Regards,

Mick

johndrew 10:35 AM 24 Apr 11

You should have a CD/partition that contains the drivers for these. If you identify the laptop manufacturer and model number it should be possible for further help to be provided.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:44 AM 24 Apr 11

Yes you need drivers.

Mass storage device is probably a card reader?

Multimedia Controller is usually for your sound card / chip

MICKY BOY 11:00 AM 24 Apr 11

Hi Fruit Bat, thank you for your advice. Under properties it does not show the manufacturer of the storage devices, however the laptop is a Sony. Any further suggestions on how I can find and install the appropriate driver.

Mick

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:04 AM 24 Apr 11

SIW will tell you all the equipment install in your machine then you can search the web for it.

Although a good place to start is Sony's download page

MICKY BOY 11:23 AM 24 Apr 11

Thank you Fruit Bat. SIW shows under storage devices the main hard drive by Intel and a DVD writer by Matshita. Yet the laptop also has other card readers. Am I looking at the correct storage devices.

Mick

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:33 PM 24 Apr 11

Look under Devices - Disk drives

BRYNIT 14:02 PM 24 Apr 11

If its a Sony laptop you should find all drivers from the Sony web site Click here

woodchip 14:46 PM 24 Apr 11

Go to Sony Laptop Support Site, put your Laptop Model In then download all the drivers for it, and install them

onthelimit1 16:11 PM 24 Apr 11

If you get stuck, download the free Drivermax. One of the options is to identify 'unknown hardware'. It's helped me out several times.

MICKY BOY 16:22 PM 24 Apr 11

thank you all for your help. have just returned home to find additional advice.

thank you once again.

Mick

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay