Yellow exclamation mark when opening windows/tabs

NMartin 20:08 27 Jun 07

Hi

Can anyone help?

Each time I open a new window or tab (IE7) a yellow exclamation mark window pops up in the middle of the screen, it has no writing in it to help identify it, so am at a loss trying to get rid of it.

I know that this indicates a conflict somewhere, but can anyone advise what this might be and how to solve it?

I have tried uninstalling IE7, repairing IE6, updating java and numerous spybot removals (MALWARE/SPYWARE REMOVAL GUIDE), but it still remains.

Thanks in advance

Technotiger 20:18 27 Jun 07

An exclamation mark in middle of screen with no details, sounds more than a bit dodgy to me. Have you tried right-clicking on it to see if a menu of any sort appears?

Or - run CCleaner click here this may clear it.

Technotiger 20:19 27 Jun 07

An exclamation mark in middle of screen with no details, sounds more than a bit dodgy to me. Have you tried right-clicking on it to see if a menu of any sort appears?

Or - run CCleaner click here this may clear it.

Technotiger 20:20 27 Jun 07

Sorry about double post - I blame PCA ...

NMartin 20:50 27 Jun 07

Have tried clicking, Nothing!

Also run CCleaner regularly, and again nothing.

woodchip 20:53 27 Jun 07

Have you tried restore?

NMartin 21:10 27 Jun 07

a system restore? no

woodchip 23:27 27 Jun 07

Try it what have you to lose

NMartin 19:52 29 Jun 07

The problem is that I have had this happening for quite some time (several months) so a system restore may be pretty pointless.

impact 09:45 30 Jun 07

Have you by any chance downloaded the google pack?,or do you have google or yahoo toolbars?,if so try removing the toolbars and try again,if not you may have to do a repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…