Yellow envelope?

Diemmess 10:02 20 Jul 11
Answered

Has the yellow envelope gone forever?

This facility was easily misused by those with little understanding of its purpose, but just occasionally it gave access to a solution which was not available any other way.

For example a member perhaps had a widget or software which he no longer used but would post it to a fellow member. After all the recipient still had the choice whether or not to reply.

Nontek 10:13 20 Jul 11

Yes, or so it would appear. Several of us have questioned the lack of this facility on the new PCA, but as yet with no response from 'up above' ....

Diemmess 15:46 23 Jul 11

Hoping that FE will comment on this?

Have just posted to a member who would like a file that I could send him, but as things stand there is no facility to allow one-to-one correspondence. The Yellow Envelop used to make things easy, while unsolicited messages could always be ignored by the recipient

amonra 11:10 24 Jul 11

Have you forgotten ? This is the new improved website !!!!!

Nontek 12:14 24 Jul 11

FE, where are you??

birdface 13:13 24 Jul 11

Hard to get on here this morning whatever the problem is.

Best thing to do is to E-mail the FE using Contact Forum Editor.

Sometimes he has not got the time to browse through individual threads so a little e-mail might be the quickest way to get an answer.

Forum Editor 23:46 24 Jul 11
Answer

Nontek

"FE, where are you??"

At midday on a summer Sunday I'm usually doing something unforgivable, like sitting in my garden with a cool drink.

There are dozens of threads in the forum, and I'm certainly not able to browse through all of them so I can notice a single 'FE, where are you?'.

If you want to contact me, send an email,like someone else did today on this very subject. He got the answer 'it's under review at the moment'.

Nontek 08:30 25 Jul 11

FE - my apologies, but my comment was meant to be 'Tongue-in-cheek'. I am well aware of all you say, and did not expect an immediate response - nor indeed, any response at all!

sunnystaines 08:39 25 Jul 11

it proved handy before,look forward to its return

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…