YELDARB

Yeldarb 18:22 06 Apr 07

B
My server has let me down repeatedly and support is farcical. Which Magazine top recommendation is "Metronet" - but payment is according to internet use.
How do I measure my present internet usage ?

VoG II 18:30 06 Apr 07
  Yeldarb 15:21 12 Apr 07

Follow-up to Yeldarb 6/04/07 I think I made a mess of the title bar !! !

Is there any scale to indicate internet /download/email usage. ?
Metronet recommended by Which Magazine - but price depends on usage - but I have no idea what I use each month.

YELDARB

anskyber 17:36 12 Apr 07

If you download VoG™ the software linked in VoG™'s "click here" (click on his link) and you can set it up to tell you your download usage.

Yeldarb 22:52 12 Apr 07

Many thanks Anskyber.
I did what you suggested. By the way what is
"Vog tm" ( I am a beginner )

I got a result that seemed to indicated usage for today - but how can I tell how much I have used in the past month, for example.

I very much appreciate your interest
Yeldarb

Totally-braindead 22:59 12 Apr 07

You can't.

The program has to run for a month before you will get an idea of a months useage. Or if you think its a typical week run it for a week and multiply by four to give you an idea.

anskyber 23:02 12 Apr 07

VoG™ is a very, very old man. Well actually he isn't but he thought he was so when he started here he decided to call himself Very Old Git, having realised he was only quite young really he gave himself a makeover and became Vog which he "trademarked" ™

I have another meter if you do not get further advice which allows you to set up a date (usually your ISP starting date) to give monthly totals. But I suspect the meter you have can be configured to give you what you want.

Yeldarb 08:37 13 Apr 07

Many thanks to all who replied. All were much
appreciated. I think I get the picture now
Thanks again

iscanut2 09:22 13 Apr 07

Vog tm...Always thought it was Voice of God !!!

Jim Thing 15:11 13 Apr 07

"Always thought it was Voice of God !!!"

LOL — and it's closer to the truth IMO.

p;3 18:39 13 Apr 07

just dipped into this thread out of curiosity to find out what a computer error called 'yeldarp' was about ;

it helps if you give your thread title a more appropraite one in future and try to relate it to the help you need, please

P3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…