YAMA

YAMA 22:54 01 Oct 03

COME UN STUCK A BIT HERE, JUST IN STALLED WIN XP, ALL OK EXCEPT MY PACKARD BELL SCANNER AND HALF MY MICROSOFT ELITE KEY BOARD WILL NOT WORK, THE KEY BOARD, I KNOW WANTS CCONVERTING FROM US TO ENGLISH, BUT WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO DO ???, THE OTHER, SCANNER, THERE IS JUST NOTHING SHOWING, ON ON THE PC IN C:/DRIVE, ONLY ONE DRIVE, SO ANY HELP, IT LOOKS LIKE IT NEEDS A NEW DRIVE BUT HOW ????,

MAJ 23:02 01 Oct 03

Is this a new install of XP (from 98 perhaps) or did you just re-install, YAMA? If it's a new install, you'll need updated drivers to run the scanner. The Keyboard's language can be changed at Control Panel > Regional and Language OPtions > Languages tab > Details button.

Oh and turn off the CAPS LOCK.

sil_ver 23:57 01 Oct 03

Your scanner might be a rebadged Mustek 1200. Have you tried the PBell website click here for an XP driver.?

hugh-265156 00:26 02 Oct 03

if its a 1200 or 1200+ scanner or 2400 or 2450 and you have xp or an sis650 chipset then get the patch click here or click here click here click here

Peverelli 01:33 02 Oct 03

I know I'm being a pain in the whatsname but click here

Simon_P 01:47 02 Oct 03

That you give your post a relevant name like

"Problems with XP install scanner not reconised"

That way other people can see if it is something that they can help without having to go into the thread.

Please bare in mind thet if you are using a dial up connection reading lots of posts can be very time consuming.

I hope this helps you for next time.

Peverelli 02:17 02 Oct 03

Go to your scanner's website and see if they've got an XP driver. If your drive is working OK for everything else then I doubt it that you'll need a new drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5