Yahoo Toolbar

babybell 10:48 11 Apr 08

When I was installing the latest update of CCleaner, I didn't untick the box regarding the installation of Yahoo! Toolbar. Subsequently it was installed so I unistalled it straight after. The toolbar no longer loads when opening up internet explorer and Firefox, but I have noticed that when I right click on links, the menu that pops up still has a yahoo option in there. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it. I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling the toolbar as well but that has not helped. System is XP

brundle 10:55 11 Apr 08

Doesn't do that here, ensure all browsers are closed when you remove the toolbar. Re-download CCleaner with toolbar, install with toolbar, close browsers, uninstall toolbar. In future always get the slim build; click here

Technotiger 10:56 11 Apr 08

Uninstall it again using click here this is a great tool to have in your armoury, it will uninstall the most 'sticky' items completely.

johnnyrocker 10:56 11 Apr 08

or system restore and start again?

johnny

brundle 10:57 11 Apr 08

If it still doesn't remove it, look in Tools/Manage Add-Ons for any Yahoo items, disable any found and if that's still no good try this; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…