Yahoo Tool Bar

Bingalau 16:13 20 Nov 06

I've just downloaded and installed IE2 and am now trying to figure out how to get rid of the Yahoo Tool bar which has suddenly appeared at the top of the page. Anybody out there know how? I expect it's something so simple that it is staring me in the face. ..Bingalau..

Jackcoms 16:16 20 Nov 06

Add/Remove Programs?

alB 16:17 20 Nov 06

click here ...alB

spuds 16:27 20 Nov 06

This is an ever increasing problem with Yahoo, and the way it seems to be attached to many programs. Always pays to check, and see if there is an untick box before installing any program, with a Yahoo add-on.

Bingalau 16:31 20 Nov 06

alB I think you have got me on the right track now, but couldn't quite follow your instructions as the "Remove Yahoo Companion" bit did not appear. However I did get a chance to click "uninstall" which I have done. I think I have now got to re-start my computer to complete the job.. So I am just going to do that now. I will get back on if it doesn't succeed.. Thanks ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 16:45 20 Nov 06

alB "Success" it's gone. Many thanks!! Thanks also to Jackcoms (Must be an ex-matelot). There was no sign of Yahoo in the "Add/remove" window. anyway once again thanks to you for the help offered yet again. I don't know where I would be without this forum? ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…