Yahoo security screen

newface 16:19 08 Jun 09

Some months ago when i tried to logon to the Yahoo e-mail service a window apperaed asking me to select two questions and answers that would be used in the future if I had a problem logging in. I followed the instructions and thought that would be that.
Now nearly every time I try to logon to the e-mail I get the same screen warning me of the dire consequences of not doing what I have already done.
How can I avoid this in future?

Sea Urchin 18:24 08 Jun 09

You should only need to select questions and answers when you are setting up the Yahoo account. I would be suspicious of any pop up windows (could be phishing) that appeared as I was using the account.

If it had happened to me I would set up a new account and password - a bit of a nuisance but might be safer in the long run.

mooly 19:19 08 Jun 09

The only time I get asked for password and name on Yahoo is if I run CCleaner and delete cookies and password data etc. Just done it this very minute as chance would have it.
There is however a check box to tick that asks if you want to be remembered for two weeks, when it will ask again.

Sea Urchin 19:25 08 Jun 09

It's not the identity/password newface is being asked for - it's asking to set up new security questions while using the Yahoo service.

mooly 19:28 08 Jun 09

Gotcha ! never been asked for anything like that.

johnnyrocker 20:03 08 Jun 09

did you click on save/continue?

johnny

newface 17:12 18 Jun 09

Thanks for all the postings everyone, but I think that mooly has hit the nail on the head as I also use CCleaner, and the problems seems to occur just after I have run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009