Yahoo messenger and router firewall

Blossie 15:53 14 Feb 04

Now I have installed a router whcih has a firewall I can no longer connect to yahoo messenger. can anyone advise or help please?

anon1 15:59 14 Feb 04

What router is it? Have you checked yahoo help for info. I cant remember if there is a connection option with yahoo or not I gave it up long ago. Yahoo if my memory serves me well have a very good help facility so its worth looking there

anon1 16:01 14 Feb 04

sorry should have also asked what version of windows you using. xp has a built in firewall and if active along with the router you may be lucky to connect to anything much. What did you have before for a firewall? are you using cable or adsl? How many computers are connected to the router? lots of questions.

Blossie 19:13 14 Feb 04

Hi anon1. I'm using a netgear router and only have a laptop connected at the mo via a wifi connection. I have xp but dont have the software firewall enabled. I've tried the various things which yahoo help suggested none of which seem to work, although weirdly I did manage to connect this week but now I cant again and I cant think wahts changed. Unfortunatley I know little about the set up of the firewall on the router as a friend did it! any suggestions gratefully received!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…