yahoo messenger chat

ole1999 21:08 26 May 03

hi , not sure if anybody uses yahoo chat on here, for some reason it takes an age to enter any rooms, i have the lastest version 5.5 but half way thru the installion it stops and says cant find some missing file etc, ive tried uninstalling on numerous occasions even doing a search so that its completely removed, i start to install again and its no better, the user rooms dont even appear anymore and only a certain number of u.k rooms etc, the help files on yahoo have got me nowhere as such, trivial matter but so annoying as i use chat often.

thanks

learner2003 22:22 26 May 03

this is very common you need to take ale yahoo stuff off ya pc befor you download yahoo again you must have used the recomend set up i hope you did if not this is why you are getting this problem use recomended set up when you instal it make sure you dont hit cancell at any time if you still have no luck then post some thing back here ill see what else it could be what is the missing file you may be able to down load that to fix it

ole1999 22:46 26 May 03

hi there, i have just uninstalled yahoo again ( tho some files wont delete for some reason, saying the program is still in use ), i do always use the recommended install incidently.
when i install it again, it gets all the way, and then comes up with the message ...GLJ83.TMP-ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND.........then says........THE PROCEDURE ENTRY POINT XM[INUNKNOWN ENCODINGNS COULD NOT BE LOCATED IN THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY XMITOK
above my head iam afriad, when i click the ok with the above info i just told u, it carries on installing and then says installed successfully, its then i get all the problems, errors occuring, getting booted , no rooms etc, would be realy grateful for ur help

thank u much appreciated

ole1999 06:14 27 May 03

hi there, just updating my yahoo messenger problems, i managed to delete everything concerned with yahoo (hidden files etc ), still the same appears, only now allowing me to log on for a short while b4 error occurs and yahoo must shut down
thanks

learner2003 15:02 27 May 03

this is prob yahoo im not sure but i get this problem scan your pc for a virus im not saying you have one so dont go on one but you may have some corrupt files on yahoo really not sure let me know how the virus scan goes on

ole1999 20:17 27 May 03

hi there, thanx for ur time, i did a full scan and no viruses at all, tried to install it again and same message comes up!
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…