Yahoo Messenger

Les T 11:20 04 Aug 06

Morning folks, all of a sudden my Yahoo messenger doesn't load when i log in. I have to manually click to open it and therefore find out if i have any messages. Nothing serious, but it's a pest.
Any ideas/thoughts?

steven_frost 12:06 04 Aug 06

Check in the options see if the load at start up is their also check msconfig and see if it's ticked to run at start up

Les T 12:19 04 Aug 06

It is ticked to run on startup in the options bit of messenger, and as regards msconfig, i've been there and i can't see what relates to messenger.
Thanks anyway.

NewestRoyWidd1 12:43 04 Aug 06

My Yahoo loads at startup,even though I've unticked that option.It never was the most stable of programs at the best of times.

Les T 13:41 04 Aug 06

I ticked the option again and then clicked apply; re-booted and it now appears fine. Weird!! as it was already ticked.

wolfie3000 13:41 04 Aug 06

I think you should all try msn messenger, I cant live without it now and the latest one has so many features on it too.

NewestRoyWidd1 15:17 04 Aug 06

Re "all trying msn messenger",you are of course entitled to your opinion;I used to have msn but it caused me more problems than even yahoo does,plus all my contacts worldwide are on yahoo,therefore I will be staying with it.
If you prefer msn,all well and good.
NRW1

wolfie3000 16:07 04 Aug 06

Sorry if i came over as "everyone download msn messenger now!"

It wasnt my intention just that msn messenger can now handle yahoo contacts as well as msn,

I too have alot of contacts on Yahoo but i can now talk to all my friends on msn messenger instead of having both msn and yahoo.

Les T 20:01 04 Aug 06

Cheers for your views, just to say my wife uses MSN Messenger as well as Yahoo. She also complains about the amount of problems with it , so i reckon i will stickwith Yahoo.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…