yahoo messenger

Stephjh 16:17 10 Jan 04

I have been asked to download yahoo messenger to enable direct talking over the internet, has anyone used this and is it any good, I am getting the microphone on monday, and wondered if it is easy to use.

Diodorus Siculus 16:26 10 Jan 04

I regularly use it for messaging with a friend abroad and it is pretty good. I tried it for voice though and was not impressed - there was a significant delay - possibly because I was on dial up while my friend was on broadband.

johnnyrocker 16:31 10 Jan 04

yep that is the difference, i regularly play pool/dominoes/scrabble with people using yahoo messenger, make sure you both have the same version.

johnny.

Stephjh 16:36 10 Jan 04

yes, the reason I have been asked to get it is so that my daughter can talk to her nanna, who is in Spain, but I don't know if they have broadband or dial-up, will it not work at all if they have a different version to us?

Pamy 16:36 10 Jan 04

I agree with the first peson to answer you.

I also think that you would be better buying a headset (earphones and mike combined) and a decent one at that. This will reduce echo on the line.

Pamy

Stephjh 16:40 10 Jan 04

I've ordered itfrom the local computer shop, I just asked for a mike, so I suppose that is all I will get, anyway I can't stand the mother-in-law, so I don't intend to spend anymore than I have to on it, but thanks for the warning pamy, at least if I get an echo, I'll know there is nothing wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…