Yahoo Mail using Outlook Express

beaky 23:26 17 Jun 03

I have Beeb.net as my ISP and use their email facility via outlook express. I also use Yahoo Web based email - but I have to access this via Internet Explorer. Is it possible to access both my Beeb mail and my Yahoo mail via Outlook Express? That way I can hopefully create Yahoo emails offline and just connect up to send them and receive new mail.

Peter 23:39 17 Jun 03

As far as I know, it is only possible to pick up and send your yahoo email by logging onto their site unless you pay them extra for the pop 3 facility.

Peter

Danoh 23:40 17 Jun 03

Yes it is, but I can't remember exactly what the steps are for Outlook Express as I have been using Outlook for a while now. It should be similar though.

You need to setup a separate email account within Outlook Express for your Yahoo email. For the incoming (POP3) email server, you need to enter "pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk", and in the outgoing your Beeb.net SMTP server. The login name and password is that for your Yahoo account. The Dial-Up Networking connection should be your existing Beeb.net.

But I remember having to change my Yahoo registration to specify my personal preferences and interests to be able to get my mail onto the Yahoo POP3 server.

Hope that helps ~ others may even have a useful web page link to hand which they can post.

Danoh 23:43 17 Jun 03

Oh, here it is
click here

Danoh 07:39 18 Jun 03

Emailed by beaky "you're a star - many thanks"

Entirely my pleasure ~ I've been helped by many others in this forum and only pleased to be able to return some once in a while.

Danoh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…