yahoo mail problem

Wrinkly1 20:28 28 Oct 06

My PC will allow access to the web with the exception of my Yahoo webmail account. On selecting "mail" the PC freezes or closes the connection. Any suggestions ??

anskyber 20:46 28 Oct 06

Are you on IE7?

Wrinkly1 21:14 28 Oct 06

Still using IE6.

New announcement "IE has had problem with add on"
Microsoft reporting programme identifies cause as Flash.ocx (within macromedia?)

anskyber 21:29 28 Oct 06

You could try temporarily disabling add ons by click the "Tools" menu and choose "Internet Options". Click the "Advanced" tab on the multi-tabbed dialog box that follows. Scroll down underneath "Browsing" until you find the checkbox "Enable third-party browser extensions". Uncheck this box and press "OK" to close the dialog box.

Alternatively your flashplayer may need updating. click here On occasions flashplayer needs fully uninstalling before reinstalling. There is an uninstall program on the Adobe site.

Wrinkly1 09:21 29 Oct 06

Thankyou anskyber, the problem has been resolved. I now await indication of any problems caused by the removal of add on's

anskyber 10:14 29 Oct 06

Sometimes the add ons are needing updating. You can reintroduce them by getting the latest version from the source.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…