yahoo mail login problem

MFL 19:42 15 Aug 04

recently when i try to login to my yahoo mail account, at home, i enter my username and password, press 'sign in', but then a box pops up (called File Download) saying:
"Getting File Information:
login?.rand=d1n9c7hk67d1q from uk.f251.mail.yahoo.com"
or similar. after a while another box pops up saying it cannot download or find the site.
I know these boxes should not pop up and the page shouldn't 'download' in this way.
can anybody tell me why this is happening or help me sort it out?

P.S. I have deleted all cookies and temporary internet files already.

funky_cherry_berry 09:27 16 Aug 04

i had to post the previous message on my dads account. i would be really gratefull if anyone could help me.

Valvegrid 11:33 16 Aug 04

I'm not sure if I can help you much, but at least some acknowledges you.

I have checked my Yahoo account on web mail and all seems to work fine. Normally I use my Mozilla client to view my emails, so I don't use the web mail much.

Try clicking on this link to see if you can get in:

click here

This should take you to the sign in page.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is you are being re-directed by some scum-ware on your computer. Have you run a check to make sure you've got no nasties?

end 11:39 16 Aug 04

are you discussing Yahoo or BT Yahoo : i have both on here and can post you a link once I know which you are after to try to get in..

end 11:43 16 Aug 04

and have just tested both and logged in with no problems:)

and am using IE6.

MFL 20:13 16 Aug 04

yes i have run a check.
and its yahoo.

the problem only seems to happen on MY account on MY computer, my mum has an account and can login normally.

MFL 20:15 16 Aug 04

it doesn't work on the link you gave me either.

AndySD 20:30 16 Aug 04

Yahoo has been causing me login failures recently. But not with Opera. Try using opera instead of IE click here

funky_cherry_berry 22:06 17 Aug 04

thanks Andy, it took a while to download, but a good result, thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…