Yahoo Mail login problem

Dannyb 21:58 16 Jun 04

I use Yahoo mail. When it is not used for a while I usually have to log in again. However,as my user name is shown I just have to re-enter my password and all is fine - up until recently. Now, I have to go completely out of yahoo and come in again as a new user. It still shows my user name but will not accept my password unless I go right out and back in again. A real pain. Does anybody know why this may be happening when it didn't used to. I have windows 2000 and IE6.

Thanks

Simsy 22:28 16 Jun 04

Yahoo have changed their service slightly... "upgraded" I think is the term they use...

It might be that the new version is getting in a muddle with a cookie associated with the old version.

Now I'm really clutching at straws with that, but you could try clearing your cookies and seeing if that does it??

Apologies if it doesn't help!!

Regards,

Simsy

Dannyb 22:47 16 Jun 04

Simsy, thanks mate, I've just done that and it seems to have sorted the problem.

Simsy 10:59 17 Jun 04

something I got right... and I didn't know what I was talking about!

Glad it worked.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…