//some 3rd party need geo

Yahoo etc censor email

Cabochon 21:36 12 Dec 05

friend forwarded some stuff on george bush - suggesting he wasn`t the most honest guy in the universe - and yahoo censored it:
click here

Where can i get an email account, pref. free, which does not do this?

wee eddie 00:36 13 Dec 05

for such a reason.

If you were to take the time to read the site you posted they make no mention of politics, merely, fraud, phishing, viruses and Trojans.

I think that: a) paranoia is getting the better of you, and possibly: b) your friend is being economical with the truth!

Forum Editor 00:45 13 Dec 05

as wee eddie says. I can't think of a single reason why they would want to do that.

Cabochon 09:41 13 Dec 05

Hmmm... well this is the actual response I got on trying to forward the email to a friend`s yahoo email address:

Invalid final delivery userid: [email protected]

Body of message generated response:
451 mta167.mail.re2.yahoo.com Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. UP Email not accepted for policy reasons. Please visit click here [#4.16.4:170].
----------------------

Tho ther was this at the end:
X-Note: Scanned by Declude JunkMail click here
X-Spam-Tests-Failed: Whitelisted [0]
X-Note: Scanned by Declude JunkMail click here
X-Note: This E-mail was sent from ([383-386, Aeschylus' Oresteia]).

So maybe this anti-bush newsletter has simply been designated junk mail by someone, preventing it from being propagated?

wee eddie 10:34 13 Dec 05

The title line appearers to have a "Link" in it.

Had this been a real link, anyone clicking on the Title would have been redirected to that site.

There would be a high potential for nasties in such a situation and I would guess that most Hosts would ban it.

Mavericke 13:01 13 Dec 05

As mentioned by wee eddie,I don't think Yahoo would censor the e-mail.Most likely the message was rejected by the host for spam or taken the message for granted like a virus. It might be true as Yahoo does have their own spam control or anti virus software.

Forum Editor 08:03 14 Dec 05

Yahoo didn't censor the mail - they have no reason to do so, and they would soon be out of a job if they tried it.

The message was identified as junkmail by an automated scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…