Yahoo email log in problem

Silverstring 12:49 20 Oct 04

When I try to log into my Yahoo mail account with Internet Explorer I immediately get a "download window" appearing on my screen with no time estimation on it. So I then cancel that and try and log in again. I then get taken to a page with this at the top "In order to protect your security Internet explorer has blocked this site from downloading files to your computer, click here for options" I have tried downloading the file but at the end nothing happens. The strange thing is my brother who also has a yahoo email account can access his yahoo email account from my computer with no problems. This has been occuring for over a week now.

I have contacted Yahoo who assure me there is nothing wrong and they can not replicate the problem. My ISP say it is a problem with Yahoo.

I have tried changing security settings, adding to trusted sites, switching the firewall on and off, using Netscape, clearing cache.

I would be very grateful if anyone could suggest some solutions because I am out of ideas. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mike2002 18:26 23 Oct 04

Yes I've been having strange results for the last day or so. I log in, then get a blank page and nothing happens.
At the top of the screen it says:
click here=***etc
which looks like the login has been confirmed.
Then, in Internet Explorer, I click 'Home' and type in a new link to Yahoo, and the page opens directly to my Message List!!

Was begining to think it was my browser, but I'm baffled now.

Mike2002 18:28 23 Oct 04

Whoops - sorry - didn't realise that the link would show up as an activated' one!!

You get a blank page and nothing else - just like I do when I log in.

Silverstring 18:36 23 Oct 04

Hello there - I searched the archives here and found a simaler problem and solution to mine had already been posted.

I did what was suggested and it has solved or worked around the problem for now. I downloaded the "Opera" browser and it seems to work fine through that.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…