Yahoo Email

topspur 09:45 01 Apr 05

I have telewest broadband internet and have found out that i am unable to access my yahoo mail account. I can access the mail from yahoo site and can also put my mail address along with the password to enter site, but when i press enter, instead of taking me straight to my inbox it goes blank with a white background and seems to freeze. I rang telewest b/band tech support and went through various checks to no avail. I was asked to enter security siters as they though i might have a problem with the security files but i was able to access these quite easily. I even opened a hotmail account with no problem. Can anyone help/give advise?
Thanks

€dstowe 10:33 01 Apr 05

I have found that Yahoo web mail is sometimes difficult to access via Firefox. I therefore use IE for the rare occasions I use my Yahoo mail account.

Publisher 12:02 01 Apr 05

Topspur, I have exactly the same problem, and I don't use Telewest.

I have found that when the screen goes blank, click in the address box and hit return and it brings up the email screeen, but its a weird screen, very untidy.

I cannot fathom out what the problem is either.

DRiM

Kate B 13:01 01 Apr 05

topspur, this is more a workaround than a cure but you can access Yahoo mail via POP3 clients - ie Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird (I think). That's how I collect my Yahoo mail which works well as it's not my primary email address

topspur 13:07 01 Apr 05

Publisher have you tried to access yahoo mail using a different computer? I have found that i can go into my yahoo mail using the computers at my public library. Have you tried to contact yahoo? What do you intend to do?

Publisher 18:59 01 Apr 05

yes, its OK on another machine, very weird. Incidentally, the same problems is on Hotmail too, identical!

DRiM

octal 19:04 01 Apr 05

Hotmail appears to have a problem with latest version of Messenger at the moment, try running Messenger first before accessing Hotmail, or if you don't use Messenger try uninstalling it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…