Yahoo does not remember login details

s99Raj 22:11 19 Jul 09

I have a Yahoo e-mail address.

Every time I close my browser (Firefox 3.5.1) and go back to Yahoo Mail, it asks me for my username and password. The same happens with Internet Explorer.

Each time, I tick the button that says "Keep me signed in" yet it fails to do so.

Any ideas why this could be? I have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security installed, if that makes any difference but can't find any settings there which would make me lose my Yahoo mail settings. Other site passwords are remebered OK.

Border View 22:36 19 Jul 09

Same thing happens with me. My get around was to use Opera as my browser and then as one of my speed dials just one click and I am in.

Opera is a much better browser than IE anyway.

Good luck

Barmoor

mooly 07:59 20 Jul 09

I use IE8 and Yahoo as "home page" and never have problem. Something must be deleting the relevant info each time you close the browser.

accordion 09:32 20 Jul 09

Have you got your browsers set to delete cookies or block them? You need cookies enabled and kept for a remember log-in to work.

Dave

s99Raj 14:09 20 Jul 09

Where in Firefox can I enable/disable cookies?

All other websites I visit, such as this one (PC Advisor) seem to remember my login details.

elkimhowscot 20:17 12 Oct 09

I'm on Firefox 3.5, too. I'm having the same problem this last week. Yahoo mail constantly loses my login information. It loses it on Internet Explorer also. I tried to enable the cookies on Yahoo Mail. It doesn't work. I'll try Opera. Fifteen years on Yahoo and now trouble. Yahoo added all these new features and now I have trouble staying logged in. Can I get the old simple yahoo mail back?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…