y is my internet speed so slow on my wireless rout

xxnaughtynewxx 22:06 30 Jan 05

i have a wireless cable router which can go up 180 mbps but the max i can get is 24mbps. me & my brother share a 4mb connection speed but i am bearly getting n e of it.i have a wirless LAN PCI card 802.11G so i dont know if that has n e thing 2 do with it.
does ne1 have ne ideas 2 how i can get it to go faster???? and 2 stay faster.
oh and 1 more question i get a max of 24mbps how much speed am i getting from 4mb?????

thx in advance 4 ne advise

naughty

fitshase 07:25 31 Jan 05

The 180mbps maximum is a theoretical maximum and is normally taken with a pinch of salt. It sounds like you have an 802.11g router with a turbo mode. What is the make and model of the router?

If it is a turbo model, you need the matching card to benefit from any speed increase. 24mbps sounds about right for a 802.11g network (theoretical maximum is 54mbps).

As far as your internet connection goes, the 4mbps is also a maximum. However, your wireless router will pass on the speed from that connection. Therefore, if you are getting 24mbps on the router, then you will be benefitting from the 4mbps internet connection.

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…