xxx toolbar

rock lobster 2 21:20 27 Apr 04

hi every one

wondered it any one could help
i am with aol and running on windows millenium
have picked up a xxx icon which keeps cuttin me off the net then icon comes up on tool bar and desk top then when i look in internet connections it is
there underneath aol default.have tried about 5 diffrent spyware programs think it has gone then
next time i go online cuts off and icons come back can any one please help

VoG II 21:22 27 Apr 04

Which programs have you tried?

Djohn 21:23 27 Apr 04

Not too sure with ME! Does it have system restore same as XP? If so turn it off and run your cleaners again then re-enable system restore. j.

tony1160 21:33 27 Apr 04

its not spyware you must of been on certain web sites,such as serials? to remove you need to close your internet connection and then press -ctrl+alt+del- and look for the program running,begins with L x....and end task then you'll need to go into program files and look for the folder and delete.

sidecar sid 23:18 27 Apr 04

Follow Djohn's advice,ME has system restore turn it off then run your spyware programmes then reboot.

imjasonurnot 23:39 27 Apr 04

to remove the tool bar do this
go to click here
run cwshredder
then x-cleaner
restart the computer
if sill thier

go back to click here
download,install, update & run
spybot and ad-aware
with ad-aware

Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file by using the "webupdate".

Then ........
Make sure the following settings are made and on -------"ON=GREEN"
From main window :Click "Start" then " Activate in-depth scan"

Then......
Click "Use custom scanning options>Customize" and have these options on: "Scan within archives" ,"Scan active processes","Scan registry", "Deep scan registry" ,"Scan my IE Favorites for banned URL" and "Scan my host-files"

Then.....
Go to settings(the gear on top of AdAware)>Tweak>Scanning engine and tick "Unload recognized processes during scanning" ...........then........"Cleaning engine" and tick "Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion" and "Let windows remove files in use at next reboot"

Then...... click "proceed" to save your settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…