XXCLONE-Acronis TI-PowerQuest DI-NortonGhost

mbp 11:58 30 Jun 04

I am a bit confused. Do all the above 4 programs do about the same thing? XXClone is new to me. Is this a new? or beta? and Free program? XXclone is the program that I would like clarification about because the others have been around much longer and there have been many discussions of their merits, but not the new boy, XXclone.

I own Acronis True Image, so are the other programs not necessary for me? Can XXClone add some dimension that will be different to Acronis? There must be some difference in an IMAGE and a CLONE?

SANTOS7 12:10 30 Jun 04

click here hope this is what you look for

mbp 15:50 30 Jun 04

Thanks Santos 7, I was hoping some one would relate his/her experiences with XXClone

pj123 15:51 30 Jun 04

xxclone is an immediate solution ( for Win XP) to copy everything from one hard disk to another hard disk. In other words if you have a 20gb hard disk and want to install a higher capacity hard disk as the master, then xxclone is the way to go. Acronis, powerquest, norton ghost are programmes to make a restore disk on to CDs etc. for future use in case they are needed.

mbp 16:01 30 Jun 04

Thanks pj123, if xxclone copies everything to a second (External HDD) surely it can also be considered a complete clone back up? Yes/No? Can it be used to repair any corrupted programs later? Will it also copy the OEM operating system pre-installed behind a partition automatically?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…