Pinelea 15:02 26 Oct 04

Following a Windows 98 crash and reformat, I've been trying to reload Generations Family Tree. The disc clatters a lot in the drive, and after some time of apparent progress, an error message appears. I may have the upper and lower case mixed a little, but what appears is:

"error during move data process - 119
Component - MoreDLLs
File Group: MOredlls
File: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\xviewoca.ocx"

On examination of the folders, the program is part installed, but won't run. A follow-up installation startsd with a message, early-on, to the effect that "uninstall wasn't installed."

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Is it a program, a disc, or a Windows error?

All leads gatefully followed.

curlylad 15:56 26 Oct 04

Bit of a tricky one this mate , couldn't find out much about it .The only thing I can suggest is that you use an OCX fix tool , Have a look at this one here called RegFind click here

curlylad 16:08 26 Oct 04

I would also do a search for files and folders to do with this program including hidden files and folders , completely delete all you find from your system and then try a reinstall.If this fails I would then try an uninstall tool to remove it and reinstall heres a link to an uninstall tool , My Uninstaller click here hope this helps .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…