Xvid to DVD - Part Two

Tonycablejr 13:02 13 Feb 06

Hi again guys. Sorry for being such a pain on this matter, but I don’t know how to do this and want to know and this is the place to do it! I’ve only got to learn it once!

I’ve managed to convert the files using divxtodvd (see another posting). It’s a very good program if it did take over two hours to convert the files. I will certainly use this program again and recommend it (providing the next part can be sorted!).

I now have the files on my hard drive, but my problem now is getting them onto DVD. These files total 6.88Gb, which is too big to put onto a normal 4.7Gb DVD. Has anyone got any ideas on any programs that will allow me to compress this down, or a program that will do it automatically?

I’ve quickly looked at the copytodvd program that came with this but can’t work out how to do it. Again I know that there must be a way to do is as VSO 1 click DVD copy (or whatever its called) will copy a DL DVD and compress it so its fits onto a 4.7Gb DVD, so there must be a program where I can drop these ‘video_ts’ files and a program will stick them onto a 4.7Gb so I can watch it on my stand alone DVD player.

Thanks in advance for any advice that is thrown my way!

If needs be I’ll have to invest in some DL DVDs (are there such things as rewritable DL DVDs??? As that would be a way round the problem! If not my ideal solution)

Skills 15:38 13 Feb 06

Try dvd shrink click here that should shrink the files down to fit on one dvd for you its free and heres a guide to using dvd shrink should you need it click here

Skills 15:57 13 Feb 06

Heres a download for DVD shrink click here as the first link i posted doesnt have a download there.

Tonycablejr 12:15 14 Feb 06

Thanks for this... not tried it yet but am going to tonight.

just out of intrest does anyone have a favorite bit of software for burning 'video_ts' files onto DVD?

are there any good ones out there that will create menus etc, or is nero the best where all i can do is drag and drop the files in and burn them?

stalion 12:19 14 Feb 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac