xvid to disc

seancblack 22:16 22 Apr 04

guys (and gals)
I have recently converted some video to XVID Codec, and was wondering how I would noe put this onto a CD so my DVD (divx) player in the lounge would recognise it without skipping in stages of 10 seconds.

seancblack 22:46 22 Apr 04

bump, come on guys really need to sort this.

stalion 22:51 22 Apr 04

going to burn divx format?.Regards

seancblack 22:58 22 Apr 04

not quite sure what u mean by this, A friend of mine gave me an xvid of Finding nemo which had 1h 40m of video on a single CD, and that plays no problem at all. I have since downloaded the xvid codec (keopi's) and taken digital video off my camcorder and converted that to xvid. the only problem I have is if I burn it (using nero) as a data disc, it seems to skip 10 seconds at a time, if I try to make a video disc, nero tries to convert it to SVCD and tells me there is not enough space on the disc.

stalion 23:03 22 Apr 04

is the only format you can put on a cd,svcd is the best quality.Most movies are avi or mpeg if yours is a different format like divx Nero will probably not burn it.Also can your DVD player play svcd not all can.Regards

seancblack 23:10 22 Apr 04

Stalion, i do not want to contradict what you are telling me as I appreciate you are trying to help.
SVCD (mpeg2) was my preffered choice before discovering xvid, now I can convert files to xvid format (only half the space of mpeg2) and keep a hell of a lot more quality by doing so. I deliberately went out and bought the Yamada dvx6100 because it is a divx/ xvid player (avi files) the only problem I cannot overcome is how to put these avi files onto a CD myself.

stalion 23:17 22 Apr 04

I take note of what you are saying,but as I have already explained Nero will probably only burn to svcd or vcd.Regards

rogertjj 08:38 23 Apr 04

click here or click here may help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…