XPSP3 crash/freeze

soulboy 16:34 PM 27 Nov 11

My PC had been crashing for a long time, usually (understandably, so I thought) when I had lots of progs open or had generally been expecting a lot from the machine. My hardware is mostly fairly recent (SATA mother board, AMD duo 4GB ram), apart from some of the internal HDs (Knocking on for ten years old). The crashing was a loud grinding/buzzing noise followed by blue screen. I got around to formatting the C: and righted a lot of problems, eventually got all my software re-loaded etc, then the problem camr back, not as bad but annoying. Same noise, but PC seems to come back from the brink of a blue screen then continue from where it left off. As I type, I'm thinking: 'I bet I need a new C drive.... Any ideas?

rawprawn 16:39 PM 27 Nov 11

Sounds like the hard drive is on it's way out, backup what ever you can. Then run check disk

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 PM 27 Nov 11

What error number on the blue screen?

Blue screen view will analyse he fault for you

rawprawn 16:40 PM 27 Nov 11

Sounds as though the HDD is on it's way out. Backup what ever you can, then run check disk

rawprawn 17:08 PM 27 Nov 11

Sorry for the double post

soulboy 17:23 PM 27 Nov 11

It doesn't actually get to the bluescreen since I formatted it. I can't remember what number it used to be.... Thanks a lot for both replies, I now have the inner strenghth required to go buy another one! lol

Thanks Again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off