XPS720H2C Wont run from disc.?

Uboat 18:56 06 Sep 10

HIya guys, ive got a major issue with my OS and i need to reinstall it, im trying to "Run from Disc" but its not allowing me too? it just boots as normal? Any ideas pls?
BTW im running on Windows 7 (64 bit)
Thankx
UB

Uboat 18:57 06 Sep 10

oh i am trying to FORMAT the pc...

MAJ 19:00 06 Sep 10

Have you set the CD/DVD drive as the first boot device? If you have, you should see a message on startup which says, 'Press any key to boot from CD' appear for a few seconds, hit the Spacebar and it should boot from the DVD.

Uboat 19:23 06 Sep 10

MAJ hiya! thankx for the reply, the text doesnt appear? it just bypasses that part and boots as normal?

MAJ 19:31 06 Sep 10

TheN you need to go into the BIOS and set the CD/DVD drive as the first boot device, Uboat. On some new computers though it gives you the option when you first turn on the computer, It might say something like: 'F2 for Setup', 'F12 for Boot Options'. Choose the Boot Options choice and select the CD/DVD drive, then watch out for that "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD".

Uboat 18:14 07 Sep 10

MAJ thankx again! ive since found out the problem my hard drive was dead! i think ive got it now but im VERY greatfull!
Thankx again for your time!!
Regards
UB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…