XP's own firewall ?

Magik™ 15:50 01 Apr 03

hi.
could you tell me where the XP firewall is, or better still where do i go to switch it off. assuming it has one, I read that it had..i think it might be stopping the wireless link from working..

thanks.

watchful 15:58 01 Apr 03

Magik™

I found it recently from the search box (in windows) Index and enabled it.

watchful 16:02 01 Apr 03

Just copied it for you:
To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall
Open Network Connections
Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want to protect, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select one of the following:
To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
To disable Internet Connection Firewall, clear the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box.
Notes

To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

Magik™ 16:13 01 Apr 03

thanks for that,nice one...

watchful 16:15 01 Apr 03

The pleasure is mine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…