XPs firewall

User-324448 15:44 04 May 04

Hi can anyone tell me how good XPs firewall is and also how do I know if its active??

Also I installed the free version of AVG on my old pals computer and thought it a good idea to make one of their rescue disks, the system told me that his computer had a virus and needed to be rid of it first, after running AVG test no virus was found, whats going on here ?? Thanks for your help in advance Prof.

Daz35 17:22 04 May 04

To turn on/off XP firewall:
Click on control panel, network and internet connections, network connections, highlight your connection then right click on properties and finally on advanced. Not sure how good they are, as I use Norton.

GaT7 17:24 04 May 04

Read this - "HOW TO: Enable or Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP" (so you'll know if it's active or not) - click here.

I would suggest running online scans at all these sites on your friend's PC - sometimes AV scanners find stuff that others miss.
1. click here. 2. click here. 3. click here. 4. click here.

How good is the WinXP Firewall? Will leave that for someone else to answer.

Legolas 18:36 04 May 04

Turn on your XP firewall then go click here click on all service ports to test it.

Legolas 18:37 04 May 04

The above link has been disabled go click here and follow the link to 'shields up'

poogles_uk 18:48 04 May 04

its rubbish, should be better when sp2 comes out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…