XPS Dell M1330 wont start!

Ronyap 17:53 21 Mar 08

Hi all, I only got my new Dell XPS M1330 Laptop 2 days ago. Everything was fine up until now. All I remember is me trying to switch on the laptop and all I get is black screen which tells me to do a recommended system repair thing (?) I clicked on 'continue windows normally' but it just redirected me back to this page, so I was forced to do this repair thing. I did it and it said that my computer should work after restarting and if it doesnt it will continue scanning to repair the error. And so the laptop restarted. However, it would not start properly and resumed scanning for the second time. Some string of minor events occured, but I cant remember what they were.

All I get now is a black screen with a movable cursor and nothing else. Ive tried everything including Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Ive tried restarting by holding the power button. I have nothing to do now. im stumped. Someone please help.

I vaguely remember before all this happened, to have clicked that button when you go

Start > On/Off button next to the lock button. However, at the time, the on/off button had an update attached to it, so I clicked it and my laptop shutted down whilst updating. Anyways, when I hovered my mouse on top, it said something along the lines of 'Shut down and Update' (sorry cant remember). Im not sure whether I have switched on my laptop since the, si Im not sure whether thats the cause of this black screen.

Thanks, any help will be reallyappreciated

recap 18:30 21 Mar 08

click here and use the Service Tag option to get help from Dell technicians.

Ronyap 22:08 25 Mar 08

I phoned them, I had to do a Manufacturer Restore or something. All my data was lost, and the PC was returned to its state when I firts turned it on.

Good thing I didnt have much data on it as its quite new.

I would still like to know the cause of the problem though, but Dell couldnt help me solve that >< *cough* Useless *cough*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…