XPpro SP2 CD, available?

Mysticnas 13:26 20 Sep 05

Hi all,

Looking for a link to order SP2 CD from MS site, but it keeps taking me to the wrong page.

Anyone got a direct link to the correct page?

Thanks

Taff36 13:41 20 Sep 05

Drop me a personal message and I`ll post one to you. You can download it from the net by the way but it`s a bit expensive if you`re on dial up.

Skills 13:45 20 Sep 05

I would but the direct link I had now seems to direct me to the service pack 2 home page. Maybe they have taken the order page offline and you can only download it now?

Jackcoms 13:54 20 Sep 05

"Maybe they have taken the order page offline and you can only download it now?"

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

SP2 was released just about 13 months ago, so MS may now be assuming that most people already have it. New versions of Windows XP now ship with SP2 already installed.

I have the SP2 CD and the URL they give on that CD no longer gives the address/link from which to order the CD.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:55 20 Sep 05
  Mysticnas 14:35 20 Sep 05

just found another XP SP2 CD that i used to install on my dads pc. Can i use the same CD and my old activation codes n stuff?

Jackcoms 15:16 20 Sep 05

Is it Windows XP SP2 (i.e. the full Operating System) or is it simply SP2?

If the former, you may have to speak nicely to Microsoft if you intend to install it on another (second) PC because the licence is only valid for one PC.

If the latter, it simply upgrades an existing OS to SP2 and you can use it as often as you like.

Mysticnas 18:30 20 Sep 05

...XP OS CD with SP2. I bought it for when i installed my dads. But i was wondering, my own is only the old XP cd, so could i install windows with integrated SP2 CD using my dads CD and then use my own activation key??? I don't have internet connection on my own pc anymore.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:03 20 Sep 05

That should work oK with your 25 digit key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…