XP/media player 11 refuses video dvd

Chicks 10:21 11 Feb 11

I have tried playing commercial video DVDs (correct region set) using media player11 or VLC and get this message

"Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the output display. Try installing an updated driver for your video card."

I have an ATI Radeon 4800 card installed with the latest drivers and an Iiyama ProLite E418 display.

Has anyone seen this and have a cure for me

Many thanks in advance for considering this problem

GaT7 13:14 11 Feb 11

click here or click here any help? G

Chicks 15:28 11 Feb 11

Sorry Crossbow7 but neither of these helped. Altho the screen has two inputs there is not another screen attached to either the main display or the video card.

Thanks for trying

Colin

Mark5001 08:29 12 Feb 11

Try lowering the resolution of your display. After some googling it seems this error occurs if your monitor or graphics card are not hdcp compliant.

Chicks 08:49 13 Feb 11

Mark, thanks for your help. While your suggestion did not completely solve the problem it has moved me forward. I reduced as you suggested the resolution of the screen and the DVD played the sound and no message was received and when I returned the screen to max resolutuin I could also hear the sound but without the video component. Now all I need to do is find the video

Thanks once again

Col

ashleycardwell94 20:48 13 Feb 11

if you can hear but not see, you might not have the right codec. Try playing it in VLC media player again.

Mark5001 07:12 14 Feb 11

click here

This is the codec pack I install. Scroll down to see the versions ie. XP/Vista/Windows 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…