XP.icons on taskbar ??

Magik ®© 08:04 14 Aug 04

hi, how can i keep the icons on show, at the moment i have to click the arrow, but before i can see what is there, they all hide again..

thanks

VoG II 08:11 14 Aug 04

Right click task bar, Properties, untick Hide inactive icons.

johnsims 08:12 14 Aug 04

Right click on the task bar. Click on unlock task bar. You will see a vertical double dotted line to the right of your icons. Drag this to the right until all are visible, then re-lock the task bar by right clicking a blank bit and clicking on Lock the Taskbar.

If your display is large enough that you can afford the screen real estate, you can have the task bar on two lines (I prefer it that way). While it is unlocked hover your mouse pointer on the top edge until a double headed arrow appears. click, hold and drag the edge upwards.

johnsims 08:18 14 Aug 04

VoG is referring to the System notification area at the far right, where active prog items are displayed alongside the clock. I thought you were referring to the start program icons by the start button. Which of the above you use depends on which one you were talking about.

VoG II 08:23 14 Aug 04

Yep, on re-reading the post, I'm not sure now.

Magik ®© 08:23 14 Aug 04

thanks all, i was on about those down by the clock, i have unticked the "hide" thingy, but i can not find the two lines VOG was on about, so they still keep on hiding..
thanks

Magik ®© 08:25 14 Aug 04

oh just seen the two lines on the left..how about the right?

thanks

User-312386 08:27 14 Aug 04

As Vog has said Right click task bar, Properties, untick Hide inactive icons.

However, it may be in the customised tab next to it mate

User-312386 08:34 14 Aug 04

Forgot to say

If you click on the customise, then click on one that sais "allways show" then a drop down box will appear and you have to set it to how you wish

Magik ®© 08:37 14 Aug 04

thank you all, it is sorted.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…