XP3 has caused problem with RAM and/or CPU?

Anti_Virus 09:14 16 May 08

Hi, I have a fairly old Dell Dimension 4500 desktop PC. After outting up with it getting slower and slower, I upgraded the processor and the RAM in December. I researched the motherboard I had, and found out which was the best processor I could get, and used crucial.com's memory finder to get the right memory on there. It now has a 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4, and 1GB of Ram. This gave it a new lease of life, and I was very happy with it. But now, on about 3 different occassions, when I logged in to the User Account on there, I get a window saying "Windows has encountered a serious problem. Click here to report it". It then does error reporting, and then a window comes up with a diagnosis. It says Windows could not find the exact problem, but it could be an issue with the RAM. It also says it noticed my BIOS wasn't up to spec with my CPU, which could be the problem, so recomends me to upgrade my BIOS. But I did upgrade my BIOS before I installed the new processor. I did it one by one even, because I didn't know whether BIOS upgrades were cumalative. One of them said it brings compatability with new processors. Now, I have noticed that this issue has only been happening this week, since my upgrade to XP SP3. Could that be the problem? Any help would be appreciated. It should be noted that there is not actually a visual problem. The PC seems to boot up normally. The only visual indication of a problem is the window telling me so.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:24 16 May 08

Memory Test
click here
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:24 16 May 08

Memory Test
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac