XP2 Upgrade. For information purposes only.

Gandalph 00:28 20 Aug 04

For those of you that are thinking about upgradeing to XP2 I should read the article near the bootom of the page at click here. I would also read the article at Microsoft about the Official XP2 Incompatibility List.

Forum Editor 00:42 20 Aug 04

to someone who says - as the person who wrote the item in your link has done:-

"After a month, I will have upgraded my test machine and will report the results in one of my newsletter in early September or so."

This is the person who is advising people not to 'upgrade'. He hasn't even tested the software himself, and yet he feels qualified to advise others. I've tested the software over its entire beta cycle - since December 2003 - and I certainly recommend installing WinXP SP2.

By all means delay your installation if you want to, but please don't base your decision on the advice of someone whose site includes such gems as:

"It's free to download, but there will probably be a nominal charge to get the update on a CD"

It's SP2 by the way, not XP2.

User-312386 02:57 20 Aug 04

I have been a BETA tester the same as china since december and i think its great

ianeon 04:39 20 Aug 04

I installed SP2 eight days ago and although I am not familiar with all its "bells and whistles" it is working for me. As far as I am aware my computer is working normally and all my programmes are working as they should. Five workmates have also installed SP2 and they haven't reported any "funnies"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…