xp1800keeps reverting to 1100

willhay 22:41 08 Jul 03

the same pc I have been having cooling probs with has another small prob that I cant solve, every now and again the cpu frequency reverts to 100mgz instead of 133, and i have to go into the bios to reset it, there are no jumpers on the MB that i can see that i need to remove like on mine. so why does it keep changing, the MB is a Mainboard K7s5a, 512 ddr ram, XP pro, athlon xp1800. It seems to change at random, whenever it feels like it, any help will be much appreciated

woodchip 22:49 08 Jul 03

How old the board it may be the onboard battery but it usually gives a warning by the clock losing time. OR flash the bios it may be a bug in the bios version you have got

keith-236785 23:01 08 Jul 03

I also have the same setup as you but with only 256 ram, it is now stable and i have had no real trouble. As you may be aware the K7S5A is shipped with the bios set to 100MHZ, that is to protect you from frying a Duron if thats your proc (they run at 100MHZ), since setting my bios to 133, it has never changed.

check that the reset cmos jumper isn't set to clear, if you need a new (second hand) battery free for your motherboard, let me know, i have two spares.

flashing the bios on my K7S5A solved a startup problem for me, but i would try other things first.

good luck, let me know if you want the battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…