XP word will not print black

Big S 01:38 24 Jan 03
  Big S 01:38 24 Jan 03

Hi Lads here's a good'un
My brothers all singing all dancing Time Platina sparkling new 2.024 GHz will not print black when using Word or Wordpad. It will print any other colour but Black. Yet Adobe Photoshop will print all colours and both printers print perfect text in black. Printer is an Epsom 830 and also a lexmark. Have deleted and reinstalled printers and drivers also Microsoft Word.Tried printing a colour picture from Microsoft Powerpoint the result was allcolours except black.Don't know where to go from here?? any guru's out there have an idea??

MalcSP 10:11 24 Jan 03

Your brother needs to check that the default or 'Automatic' font colour shows as black. In any case he should highlight some text select the font colour as black and let us know what happens.

Wak 10:32 24 Jan 03

Hi, instead of dodging about between two printers and three or four programs, I would suggest that you disable one of the printers and try and get the other one working with only one of the programs. As the printers can print in both black and colour occasionally it would seem to be the instructions received from the program that is the problem.
I would start with the Lexmark and Wordpad, both of which are fairly straight forward items.
Best of luck with it, anyway.

€dstow 10:33 24 Jan 03

Keywords in this are "Time Platina sparkling new" especially the "new".

If it doesn't work, get Time to sort it out for you.

€d

Big S 11:07 24 Jan 03

Thanks for the response lads.
Last thing we did before closing down last night was to upgrade XP from M.S. and this morning all is back in order, printing ok. I am still dubious that this was the solution but hey what do I know. Thanks once again lads, Im back on my 400 MHz chugalong....life's a bummer, but don't we just love it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…