//some 3rd party need geo

XP wo'nt shut down

fullywired23 22:50 26 Jan 03

Has any one had this problem with XP.When I clicked on "turn off " computer ,nothing happened ,it just kept on it's merry way.This has only started today ,before every thing was fine .I had to switch off at the tower .I have solved the problem with the system restore,but I am curious to know what caused it.Has anyone else had this problem?
viejo

Lozzy 22:59 26 Jan 03

The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

This article was previously published under Q320008
SYMPTOMS
When you try to shut down or to restart your Windows XP-based computer, the shutdown processing may stop. This problem may occur if all of the following conditions exist:
You use the Fast User Switching feature.
Only one user is logged on (except for session 0).
Windows XP is running under heavy stress.
CAUSE
This problem occurs because messages that are sent to Winlogon remain in the Winlogon message queue. This blocks further processing.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q322389 How to Obtain the Latest Windows XP Service Pack

fullywired23 23:06 26 Jan 03

Thanks for the information.I'll pay a visit to the microsoft knowledge and have a read
thanks again
viejo

fullywired23 23:06 26 Jan 03

Thanks for the information.I'll pay a visit to the microsoft knowledge and have a read
thanks again
viejo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…