XP wont read dvd-r with large 7z files anymore?

theDarkness 14:13 30 Jan 06

I tried to store alot of files I use on my pc many months ago (mainly very large bitmap images for photoshop and image utilities) by burning them onto a dvd as one or two large 7z files (high compression). I verified the dvd disc in Nero after burning, and it was stated that it was a good burn, and sure enough it copied back onto the hard drive and unzipped just fine.

Only recently I've found out that the disc will no longer read, I click on my computer after inserting the dvd and a few secs later it reads as a raw file blank CD instead, with 0 bytes as free and 0 bytes total size, and just like a blank cd no files are listed. The only thing I can think of is that I have recently installed Nero 7 (I used am earlier version, 6, for burning), but I doubt that this could be the problem. I dont want to uninstall nero just in case anyone might know another way around the it-thanks for any help, anyone???? :)

theDarkness 14:33 30 Jan 06

ps- after leaving this disc inside the drive, I click on 'my computer' and noticed that the drive icon itself has actually disappeared(!), so its clear that the system has at least trying to read the contents. :( ..anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…