XP won't install on my new PC.

Lennox_1 14:05 20 Apr 07

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, every time I try and install XP on my new pc it start copying files and every time it gets to 11% driver.cab it will not copy them, I have now tried three different hard drives, four DVD/CD drives and three XP install discs, and every time it's the same problem. Could it be some setting in BIOS or something to do with the motherboard as these drives and discs install XP fine on other computers. The motherboard is a WinFast 6100M2MA and the processor is an AMD Athlon 64 4600+, any ideas would be much appreciated.

jay.p 14:26 20 Apr 07

is there not an option to ignore and continue.if so you may be able to load the file after installation. sorry , all i got at the mo.

Lennox_1 14:32 20 Apr 07

Yes, but when I ingnore the files XP comes up with a blue screen saying it can't install.

ArrGee 15:42 20 Apr 07

Assuming you want a clean install from XP installation discs, and are happy to completely remove any existing data on the drive, use this to format first and then try an installation:

click here

It can take upto a couple of hours for the format, but having used this on near on 50 machines now, I have not had a single problem with an XP install afterwards.

Lennox_1 22:13 21 Apr 07

Turns out that it was the RAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now