xp won't install

njm070881 12:32 09 Jan 03
  njm070881 12:32 09 Jan 03

I recently built a pc and installed xp (oem) home edition. When i first installed xp it kept restarting for no apparent reason during setup and then going through setup again. Anyway I finally got it to install but recently I had to reinstall it, however I can't get it to install as when it gets to 34 minutes remaining (during setup) it just stops responding and then the computer restarts and goes through setup again ( same as before except that it doesn't seem to resolve itself this time). Does anyone know whether I have a faulty copy of xp or is there something wrong with my bios? Once windows is actually installed the computer runs fine, I just can't get it to install.

Cheers for any help

Weeby Vuit 12:39 09 Jan 03

it could be many reasons i would phone windows and ask than what to do.

njm070881 12:46 09 Jan 03

unfortunately I don't have access to a phone (i'm a poor student) I tried using thier website but I can't get any help as it's an oem version.

cheers

golfpro 13:57 09 Jan 03

See thread earlier "unable to upgrade XP from ME" and read my last posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…