xp won't install

njm070881 12:32 09 Jan 03
  njm070881 12:32 09 Jan 03

I recently built a pc and installed xp (oem) home edition. When i first installed xp it kept restarting for no apparent reason during setup and then going through setup again. Anyway I finally got it to install but recently I had to reinstall it, however I can't get it to install as when it gets to 34 minutes remaining (during setup) it just stops responding and then the computer restarts and goes through setup again ( same as before except that it doesn't seem to resolve itself this time). Does anyone know whether I have a faulty copy of xp or is there something wrong with my bios? Once windows is actually installed the computer runs fine, I just can't get it to install.

Cheers for any help

Weeby Vuit 12:39 09 Jan 03

it could be many reasons i would phone windows and ask than what to do.

njm070881 12:46 09 Jan 03

unfortunately I don't have access to a phone (i'm a poor student) I tried using thier website but I can't get any help as it's an oem version.

cheers

golfpro 13:57 09 Jan 03

See thread earlier "unable to upgrade XP from ME" and read my last posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…